Our very popular Pop Up Library Sale is coming Saturday, November 4th from 10:00 to Noon in front of the library.
Amazing books at dirt cheap prices.
Events for Adults
Adult Reference Librarians Joel Boucher and Chrissy Carr
- November 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27 & 29—English Class (ESL): If English is not your first language, this class is for you! 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- November 1—Adult Coloring is back! We’ll provide colored pencils, markers (or BYO) and lots of pictures to color plus treats to eat. 6:30 p.m.
- November 3 & 17—Knitting Club: Bring your supplies (and a snack to share) and get together with other knitters. Beginners welcome! 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- November 4—Pop-Up Book Sale: Pick up some great bargains while helping out your library! 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- November 4—Book Club: Join us as we discuss The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. 11:00 a.m.
- November 6—Classic Movie Night: Come see the Frank Capra, multi-Oscar winning film It Happened One Night. 5:15 p.m.
- November 13—Screen Time for Kids—What’s Right? What is ‘screen time’ and how do we effectively manage our children’s exposure? 6:30 p.m.
- November 14—Poetry Open Mic: Come share your masterpiece! Or just listen and enjoy. Hosted by Wyatt Underwood. 6:00 p.m.
- November 18—Chess for Beginners: Chess expert Brian Glover introduces the classic game of strategy. All ages welcome! 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- November 18—Mindfulness Meditation Performance: Music and spoken word will guide you to an awareness of your higher self. 2:00 p.m.
- November 20—Authors Club: TBA 6:00 p.m.
- November 21—Be Stress-Free: Joel Drazner leads a provocative discussion on where our emotions actually come from! 6:00 p.m.
- November 25—Mystery Book Club: Join us as we discuss Black Water Rising by Attica Locke. 11:00 a.m.
- November 29—Medicare Update: Raymond Dietz will answer your last-minute Medicare questions. 6:00 p.m.
- November 30—French Conversation Class: Practice your French language skills. For intermediate to advanced students. 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Teen Librarian Elizabeth Calla
- November 7th—Teen Council: Come help us make library displays and brainstorm community grant ideas. Ages 11-18 are welcome. 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- November 15th—The Road to Job Search Success: Career exploration and job search workshop covering resumes, interviewing tips, job search strategy and research information. 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- November 18—Chess for Beginners: Chess expert Brian Glover introduces the classic game of strategy. All ages welcome. 11:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
- November 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29—Storytime: Stories, songs, and stretches. Babies and toddlers are welcome! 11:00 a.m.
- November 9—Building Bricks Club: Try free hand building or our monthly challenge with the branch’s collection of Legos! 4:00 p.m.
- November 18—Chess for Beginners: Chess expert Brian Glover introduces the classic game of strategy. All ages welcome. 11:00-1:00 p.m.
- Reading Together– Join our STAR Volunteers in the kids area to hear some stories! Thursdays 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. & Saturdays 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. — 5 p.m.
Looking for the Perfect Gift ?
Buy a Bookplate or Make a Donation in Someone’s Name!
Are you looking for a birthday, bar mitzvah or other gift for someone special? Perhaps you want to honor a special event or birthday, or you just want people to know that you support Westwood Library. If so, a donation of $25 to Friends of Westwood Library will put a BOOKPLATE inside a newly purchased book for the branch. The bookplate can be dedicated in your name, or it can be dedicated “in honor of” or “in memory of” someone special.
Click here and you will be able to purchase a bookplate online. Please make sure to follow the directions for a bookplate donation on the website. If you prefer, you can pick up a bookplate donation envelope at the branch and leave it with the librarians or mail it in later.
If your donation is a gift, a lovely gift card will be sent to your honoree informing them of your generous gift in their name.